Thursday, April 2, 2009

Zachary Chun is two days old.

TUE, 090414 @ 4:02AM
Hiya Zach. In case you forgot, I'm using your slide show photos in the order that they appear. That's how come the image above was added. It wasn't because I looked happier than I've ever been my whole like, or because you're so cute and adorable. Wow, I've got a lot to make up, don't I? I'm like over a week behind now and it bugs me every hour of every day. So much so, I can't even sleep. I laid in bed with my eyes wide open thinking to myself, 'oh, no. I'm so behind. I'm a head, darn it. I better post something. Anything.' and got right up. Well, not really, but it sounds good, doesn't it? I fell extra behind this weekend because there was kind of an emergency I had to deal with. Not really an emergency, but more of a deadline. That reminds me, remember the Coke Rewards thing? Since I haven't said anything more about it, you can pretty much deduce that I didn't win. Oh well. This time around, it wasn't a sweepstakes, but a contest. I don't know if you know, but I am a serious gamer of WarCraft. Not World of Warcraft, just the standard, Frozen Throne. Well Friday night, I read news about the final days of a creative writing contest that was being held by them. The grand prize is some dumb luncheon with the developers along with a trip to headquarters. I'm only about 15 minutes away, so it's not really a prize. There's also this sword thing that comes with it, but that doesn't interest me either. What this contest does mean to me is the opportunity to work with Blizzard to produce something. Anything. Me being such a hard core player and all, I know I can contribute to whatever venture they have in mind. What I'd like to do is to actually write and help produce a WarCraft movie. The Lord of the Rings trilogy was a huge success even though the storyline was based on some stupid ring and hobbits. Go figure. There is so much depth to the WarCraft world that if given the right resources and opportunities, I know I can create a blockbuster film. Well, I only had less than 48 hours to write a 3,000-10,000 short story, but I'm very disappointed at my entry. I didn't even qualify because I was shy of the 3,000 word minimum. I uploaded my .doc file at the last minute. I just didn't have enough time. I think I have like a 1 in 1 million chance of winning because I didn't meet the minimum requirements. I'm sharing this with you not because I'm excited about my prospects, but more so to tell you that that was the reason why I didn't play ketchup this weekend. I put everything on hold and pumped out a short story as best and as fast as I could. In the very slim chance I'll even finish runner up, I'll keep you informed. Uh, yeah. That's what happened this weekend. Wow, if I do the math, I'm 12 days behind. Wow, that's close to 2 weeks. We can't have that now, can we? I'm also putting together my sister's 40th birthday present that's coming up next month. Uh, I guess that's just another excuse. Anyways, in order for me to ketchup, I'll have to be a wee bit short on these postings. You know, stretch it out a bit. A little babbling here, a few there, and so on. I did manage to upload like 10 folders that I should be linking to on these posts, but it's late so I'll start with that tomorrow. Anyways son, good night and good luck.
TUE, 090414 @ 4:41AM

No comments:

Post a Comment