Monday, February 16, 2009

Admittance of guilt, to lessen the punishment.

TUE, 090217 @ 1:18AM
Hello Zachary Ryan Chun. The photo above was taken when you were 6 weeks shy of your second birthday. It ws during a church Thanksgiving luncheon in the parking lot. LOL. I opened the image to better see what you were holding with the right hand, and oh, my! You have food all over your face. Oh, no! Sorry I even let that happen. With your left hand, you're holding that ice cream prank toy. I added the image because it gave me such a warm feeling. So how are you, Zach? Oooh, its been awhile since I googled you guys. BRB
Poo. Ryan Chung's facebook page took the number 7 spot. Oh, and for the FIRST time, I noticed that Google lists the number of visits immediately following the page title. I should stop clicking on those links to get the color right...Oh yeah, BRB.
Rachel Lauren Chun is ranked 1-4, and 6. 1-6, & 8. Ahh, this is the way I will play by play the search results page from here on out.
Oh darn, Zach. I had this huge epiphony earlier that I had to post. I forgot it now. Darn. BRB, too miffed to go on peacefully.
EUREKA! Whew, I did it. Darn I was so scared at one point. Brrr. I thought of two other things to talk about so I'll list them first before I forget.
Who Killed the Electric Car? - IGIA9. This documentary is about events that unfolded about 15 years ago. The title is perfectly accurate. An electric vehicle, the EV1, was produced by GM in the early 1990s and someone killed it. The facts behind this documentary is overwhelmingly factual. It shouldn't have happened, but it did, and it matters more today than it did back then. This one you must see. RULE: Any film IGIA 9 or 10, you have to see. I don't IGIA R-rated movies, so any film I review, you can watch them. Moving on...
I learned fairly late in life, to break off from traditional math when it comes to simple equations. You may already know how to imagine a simple multiplication equation, such as 8 x 11. You imagine the 11, place the 8 below that, and begin solving. 8 times 1 is 8 and 8 times 1 is 8. 88. The next example is just as simple. 99, right? Sure it is. But how about the next example. 10? We can't really do what we just did, but we know the answer is 110. Whenever multiplying by 10, 100, 1000, and so on, you just move the 0 over. So, we had 11, move the 0 and now we get 110. Here is the point of the lesson. What is 11 times 11? You can't solve by imagining it like it was learned to you. What can you do? This is what I do. Always reduce one of the numbers you're working with to a factor of 10. You know, the numbers above. 10, 100, 1000, and so on. There should be a name for these numbers. HW! (In case you forgot, HW stands for homework and the exclamation point means "do it!") Reducing one of the numbers to 10, you can figure out 11 times 10 just by moving the zero over. 110. What do you have left? A 1? A 1, and what else? Times 11! YES! You didn't just push aside a 1, but also the times 11 as well. Well what is a number times 1? That number, yes! 11! Now add that to the 110. The answer is 121.
Heres the HW. Write an excel file with these numbers. For example, on worksheet one, you will have 0-10 on the first row and 0-10 down the first column. Use the formula =A2*B1 for cell B2, =A3*B1 for cell B3, =A4*B1 for cell B4, and so on. Here is a simple analysis. Look at the formula, '=A2*B1'. The only changing variables are the number following A and the letter that precedes 1. =A2*C1, =A2*D1, =A2*E1, =A3*B1, =A3*C1, =A3*D1, and so on. Look at the inside sections. 2C, 2D, 2E, 3B, 3C, 3D. Do you get it? Do you even know excel? Oooh, want me to teach it to you? I would love to be your Excel coach. It's my second most favorite application in the whole wide world. Continuing on. On the second worksheet, change the numbers in column A from 0-10, to 11-20. 21-30 for the next, and so on. 100 should be the last number, so you should have a workbook with 10 worksheets. Label the worksheets 10s, 20s, 30s, and so on. If this is too advanced for you, we will revisit this post when appropriate. (I just added the post label, HW. )
That's funny how I'm looking at your photo above and speaking with you about documentaries and math. Anyways, here is the dumb reason for this posting. I was thinking about the number that increases with every post. 1-31 was easy. The date was the number of the posting. In February, depending on the date, I simply added it to 31. I guess I'll have a new number to add to the date in March. The point is, in all my years, I have never, ever looked at the days of the year ordinally. The dates all reset at 31 or less every month. Because of this blog, I'm looking at the days of this year, ordinally. Uh, today (the 16th) is the 47th day of 2009. Wow, huh? It's something rather simple to do to a very well known, common number. The date, converted to the ordinal day of 2009. The 47th day is very different than February 16. I will be celebrating the 50th day, but certainly not February 19. Another epiphony! I can only post the link for the grouped set on the day following the marked day so that that day's posting is included in the word doc. Wow, today is an especially nerdy day, eh? Oh, about the title. I am writing this post and posting to yesterdays date and time for the FIRST time. Circuit City is closing and we went on a LCD rampage. Anyways, son. I'll lay off the HW for a few days. Promise. Have a nice week, son.
TUE, 090217 @ 2:43AM

No comments:

Post a Comment