Saturday, January 10, 2009

Age is just a number...sometimes.

SAT, 090110 @ 9:30AM
Good Morning Zach. I missed yesterday's posting because I fell asleep watching a documentary called A/K/A Tommy Chong. I will make two different postings today so that the count will be correct. I decided to make my timestamp before and after every entry. That way, I can ignore this blog's timestamps. I just have to make sure there is only one per day (except today, of course). So, how does it feel to be 7? Not that much different, eh? You'll only feel a new age when something specific is allowed, such as 16, because you'll be able to get a driver's license, 18 because you will become a legal adult, 21 because you will be of legal age to drink, and I think 25 is special for some people because you can rent a car. Don't think for a minute that I want you to want to be older so that you can go do bad things legally. It was more of a lesson on age. Seven is a big number. I was 7 when I came to the U.S. for the first time way back in 1978. We landed in Los Angeles and stayed here for 2 days before flying over to South Carolina and then to Nashville, Tennessee. After settling into a two bedroom at the Glenview Apartments, I decided to take a walk around this new and different world. As I walked along this long open path, I was amazed at all of the beautiful grass. Korea didn't have any grass back in '78. Anyways, as I continued my walk, I noticed this beautiful, blonde, and blue-eyed southern belle walking towards me. She was so beautiful, I just smiled at her and tilted my head in greeting. She smiles back and yells "GO HOME CHINK!". I was so happy that she said anything to me that I continued smiling and kept repeating "go home chink" over and over in my mind. I wanted to know what it meant. That was my very first English word. "Go home Chink". Chink is a derogatory (a racial word or phrase that has a bad meaning) term used to describe Chinese people. I've forgotten what she looks like, but I will never forget my very first English lesson. Talk to you later!
SAT, 090110 @ 9:48AM

SAT, 090110 @ 3:49PM
Hello again, stranger. I was going to post another entry to make up for yesterdays miss, but wait! What do we have here?!? I posted yesterday's posting an hour past midnight Thursday, so I didn't miss it. Yae! I can still say "one a day forever until Zachary Ryan Chun finally finds it and reads it or until I die". Whew, what a relief. I've been mulling over this all day. Moving on, I started uploading my photos onto Megaupload as zipped and encrypted files. I'll give you the password when you finally make contact with me. My email is jkzchun@yahoo.com BTW. I made it before Rachel was born, so it's missing her name. J is for Jason, K is for Katherine, and Z is for Zachary Ryan Chun followed my our last name, Chun. Every time I say your name, I'm going to write it out fully for possible SEO benefits. Here's the first link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BM8KL08A
This file is entitled: "ZRC's First Birthday Movie_002". This is my proudest video clip because it has on it your very first steps. I have yet to even see anyone's first steps. I managed to capture you on film when it first happened. I am very, very proud of this clip. Check it out.
Next, we have:
My 1st Run http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RFTAGVH5
My 2nd Run http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2QA5S4N5
MY BEST PHOTOS http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M4HTS1ZE
I went through my albums to pick out the best because I printed them out. Hence the 'Run' in the titles. 1st Run of prints? I'll need some time to zip and encrypt the rest of my photos. I want you to have access to every last picture. It'll help you see how much I love you. Just of you, I have over 10,000, believe it or not. Until next time...
SAT, 090110 @ 4:06PM

No comments:

Post a Comment