Friday, January 23, 2009

The Numbers aren't adding up?

FRI, 090123 @ 11:40AM
Hmm. My dashboard says that I have 24 posts, the blog says 22, and this should be the 23rd for the 23rd. Lemmie publish this to see and edit my 'official' posting later...BRB
Back. The blog is finally correct, meaning the number of posts equals the number of days in 2009. The dashboard still says 25, so it's not perfect yet... I think there must be 2 postings I haven't published yet. Hmm. TTYL!
FRI, 090123 @ 11:44AM

FRI, 090123 @ 1:13PM
Google Update: Zachary Ryan Chun is 1-4 of 10 on page 1, and Rachel Lauren Chun is 1-2-5-6-7. Getting better and better...
FRI, 090123 @ 1:14PM

FRI, 090123 @ 6:21PM
Google Update: Rachel Lauren Chun is now: 1-2-3-4-7. Hmm, there wasn't any real changes made improve her ranking, but SEO's are delayed by days. It's never a snapshot at the time of the search, but rather, the culmination and gradual of growth of whatever formulas they are using. Anyways. Hi Zachary Ryan Chun! I'm focused only on the first page of google results when searching your full names, so I'll revert back to your full name, shout out, every time I say Zachary Ryan Chun. It's Friday! Yae! Fridays are favored 3-1 when people are asked to choose their favorite day of the week, because it means work is over and playtime begins. I have lived enough to tell you this sincerely with the maximum focus of all of my wisdom, Zach. Do not work on Saturdays no matter what. That is a small business' biggest sacrifice. Saturday, when looked upon in sum, rather than as a single event during a week, will have a deeper meaning. The simple explanation is this. It may not be much to say "I have to work Saturdays because my business must open on the day I am busiest." Would you work a job earning $50,000 for 5 days, or simply work, for 6 days, for $100,000. I'm using these numbers very purposefully. Would you work Saturdays, if you could double your income, and all other things being equal? It's really, really tough for me not to simply answer, "OF COURSE!" because I can now see the summation of all the Saturdays during the course of one's life. To explain the reason's would diminish my entire, solid decision. Trust the old man by the river on this one. Live your Saturdays, son. Yesterday, I had the thought that I am so deeply embedded into this blog, that I could get more personal with you. I wonder how many people will ever read these exact words, right here, right in front of you, the one's you are currently reading... I can rest well knowing that only you ever found the time to read my book. LOL, it's become bigger than just a blog. This has now become an autobiographical, non-fiction, potentially printable, wish-come-true fairytale. I'm alone at this right now Zachary Ryan Chun. I have told of this blog to your aunt, your uncle, and a dude named Brent. Three others know of this blog, but I don't think they've spared the time to investigate my efforts. I think that the longer I go, the more words I type, the more days I have to wait, the longer I trudge on alone...all of these factors will be of greater value when we do meet. I am going to persist with this forever, Zachary Ryan Chun. I estimate another 3 months of posting just to get your photos online. You know I won't be able to post the link with every posting, so it'll be a good 4-5 months of good writing. Allow me to share a quick little story. Your grandfather, my father, was very bad with an important aspect of parenting. He was a child during the Korean War, so he was forced to leave his past, in his past. My father never really told me his stories. I liked hearing about any, and all of the variations caused by time, culture, and economy. I was well into my 30's when he finally told me of his recollection of my accident. This is how it goes...
May 5 is Children's Day in Korea. Back in 1975, when I was 4 years old, a terrible accident occurred. (TIME OUT: This blog will exist forever and you will read every last word. This being true, I shant not speak down to you as I speak to you now, because you are young. Rather, I should speak in an adult tone! Hmm, another good decision made. Tap-tap-tap. BRB, Patio) Back.
To celebrate the important holiday, five jets flew low and in an arrow-like formation. Back then, TV was very unavailable to Korean Citizens. For two hours, beginning at 6PM, news was broadcast for all viewers. Nothing more. No sitcoms, commercials, or the like. Wow, knowing now, the history of broadcasting here in the states, and being able to compare the two because I clearly remember the availability of it in Korea back then...Excuse me, I've tangentized (oooh. First time I used it like that and we'll try to make it a word, okay?). Back to the story. The jets flew over above and a building was blocking my view. I chased after the jets and from there on, I have faint memories for about a month. What had happened was that a delivery truck ran over my left leg and almost shredded it off. You'll have to ask me to show you the scars again so that you can imagine the horror of the event in its entirety. Only a few years ago, your grandpa finally told me his side of that story. Ambulances didn't exist in Korea at the time. No one came to your aid in cases of emergencies because no one was available. My father, wrapped up my bloddy leg carried me over to the nearest hospital. After examining this frail little four year old boy, the doctor told my father that he would have to cut open my head to rule out any damage to my brain. CAT scans didn't even exist, let alone be available. My father defiantly refused the doctors recommendation. "No, you can't cut open my son's head." He carried me off to the next closest hospital, about 2 miles away, again with his limp, dying and bleeding son in his arms. Fortunately, the second doctor agreed with my father to leave my head alone and proceeded with my obvious injuries. I broke my femur and lost most of the skin below the knee. After four major surgeries, I was challenged to recover and so I did. For some reason, my clearest memory comes from a moment when a nurse was cajoling me to take some medicine. I pretended to hate whatever I was given because they were all easily bendable. I think I was at that cute age where no lady can resist. Do as I say, or else! She offerred me 1,000 won, which was like a $20 back then, if I ate this medicine. I did so I got the dough. But isn't that cool about my dad carrying me?!? You can totally imagine the event as it unfolded. The desperation of hope. That reminds me. I wrote about 3 full screenplays. Don't forget I have this to offer if you put something up as well. Anyways, that's my car accident story. Damn, what do you call that line that lets you move into a different subject...Newspeople do it a lot...Damn! Anyways. I hope you liked that one. Maybe I shouldn't speak so directly to you because it keeps out others....Hmmm. Anyways, I hope you had a good week and plz, plz enjoy your weekend. Muah!
FRI, 090123 @ 7:31PM

FRI, 090123 @ 7:34PM
Ha-ha! The two attempts that I thought I lost in yesterday's final post, were the culprits behind my numeric dilemma. NOW, finally, everything lines up. 23 Posts on Dashboard, 23 in parenthesis next the the month, and today is 090123. Ya-hoo! Have a nice weekend, son.
FRI, 090123 @ 7:37PM

No comments:

Post a Comment