Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bless you Zachary Chun.

TH, 090326 @ 8:21AM
Hello Zach. OMG, bless you! Oh no, you're going to sneeze! Everyone, look out! RUN! Can you believe the uploads still aren't finished? It's been over 12 hours. Oh, my. Anyways, whenever I have a bunch of images I want to add from my Picasa dropbox, I have this strange need to publish a post. I use to wonder about what I was going to pass the time with, but since I'm on this movie rating run, it's a breeze to step onto stage for my fifteen minutes of fame. That's a description that an artist by the name of Andy Warhol . He claimed that everyone has lived, or will experience, 15 minutes of fame. It's a widely used expression describing a person's 'chance' to shine. Anyways. Allow me to mosey on to my two flicks for the day.
Hulk - IGIA8. Finally, they were able to make a decent film about the Incredible Hulk. Oh, this is the one starring Edward Norton. There was an attempt like 10 years ago by Eric Bana but that one flat out splattered. I had to bump this one up a notch because the special effects are really, really good. Aside from being totally believable, they went way out in their attempts to show the jaw-dropped audience just how strong the Hulk really is. I also liked the fact that Bruce Banner, the human scientist that turns into the Hulk, was well portrayed as the loner, wondering scientist who is dead set on finding a cure. This little twist adds to the comic character's realism and also brings us, the audience, closer to him. This one should be watched in complete surround sound on Blu-Ray or high def.
Ice Age - IGIA7. Hmm. I wondered for a while about the details of the plot in order to write a decent review for this film. I just remember clearly that muscat-kinda animal and the woolly mammoth. The animation was top notch so the viewing experience was exceptional. There was some need to migrate somewhere for some reason. Whatever it was, it was the trip that made the movie fun. That reminds me of some other animations...
Shark Tale - IGIA8. There is a lot of satire in this star studded cast. Between every line is an innuendo towards something adult which gives all audiences something to laugh at. That's always a subtle key to a successful animation. There has to be just enough for everyone to bite on so that everyone can enjoy it. The plot has something to do with a shark slaying flounder who works at a Car Wash. It sounds funny, but it somehow works. I enjoyed watching this film and I think I'll enjoy it even more the second time around. That's a little secret for a select few films. Some movies are simply better the second time around. I think this qualifies. Anyways son, I wish you many happy days and I can't wait until I hug you and kiss you over and over. Bye for now!
TH, 090326 @ 8:46AM

No comments:

Post a Comment