Monday, March 23, 2009

Zachary Chun wants to kiss his Dad.

TH, 090326 @ 2:43AM
Hello my Zach. I went through a bunch of photos again and because I so love this photo session, I posted yet another picture from this day. I know, it's similar to the ones before, but who cares, right? Anyways. How are you doing? Fine, I hope. I would like to be there to help you through all of the difficulties of childhood, but your mother's an animal so she's keeping us apart. I just hope you'll make contact with me soon. I figured out an easy, useful labeling system for my rating scale. Oh, BTW, pronounce it ah-ghee-yah, like 'baby'. I-GI-A. Get it? Here's the easier, simple definition of my rating system.
IGIA0-6 - Don't bother.
IGIA7 - You can, if you want.
IGIA8 - You should watch it.
IGIA9 - You must watch it.
IGIA10 - You will watch it.
A lot easier, right? I thought this little descriptive scale would make it easier for you. Usually, rating systems are on a 1-5 scale, but in my book, because anything '10' is best, I went with the second set of fives. Anyways. Here are my two for the day. Oh, the photos coming up are under the file, 'Our Family Photos'. There are about 10 sets, and they're all being uploaded as we speak, and it should take like all night. I'll post those links tomorrow or so. Who knows.
House of Flying Daggers - IGIA7. I should know the Chinese director of some of these movies. I think this is the same guy that made 'Hero'. That'll be my next IGIA (ah-ghee-yah). This film is an on going adventure about a secret society of rebels starring Ziyi Zhang. Uh, I think I have her name right. There are many artistic fighting sequences that leaves the viewer in awe of the ancient Chinese secret of kung-fu. This is a break from traditional, uh, darn, I forgot what it's called when foreign films are translated...voice-over? Darn. HW! It show life back in the days, so the attire and cinematography is exceptionally well done. The plot isn't too memorable, but the fighting sequences are well shot and very pleasing to watch. You'll like this one, watch it.
Hero - IGIA8. One of Jet Li's top 3 best films. There is a scene in the calligraphy school with arrows that you will never, ever forget. Every last shot of this film was well planned and precisely executed. It's colorful, artsy, and glamorously flamboyant. Jet Li was at the peak of his game when he made this film, so every fight sequence is unbelievably shot to perfection. Don't miss this one, you'll love it as much as I do.
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - IGI8. This movie came to mind when I was thinking about the director of these films, so I've included it here. I think this film was the most lucrative Chinese movie to be shown on US screens. It stars Chow Yun Fat and Ziyi Zhang. (You know what, I should know her name and be able to spell it correctly. BRB) Wow, I was spelling it right. Good for me. It also stars Michelle Yoo, a well-known kung-fu artist who's even made it to a Bond film. There are many memorable scenes in this movie. One is their use of 'lightfoot' as they chase each other on the rooftops. Oh, in case you don't know, the Chinese can fly. Then there is that sword fight on the bamboo trees. The plot is well written and you are constantly trying to flip the page as the plot thickens and develops. The same director probably did all three of these movies because they are so similar. Hmm. I wish I knew the director of these films. I should, you know. Oh, I know. HW! It's a fun one so turn that frown upside down, son. Anyways, I've overstayed my welcome today I believe. Until next time.
TH, 090326 @ 3:11AM

No comments:

Post a Comment