Friday, March 27, 2009

I've finally caught up Zachary Ryan Chun! Yae!

FRI, 090327 @ 10:44PM
Hello Zach. I don't think I have a single photo of you with a picture with Santa Claus, even though it's me! The principal at Antioch asked me to be Santa that year because I'm always so giddy and happy. Oh course, I said. Anything for my boy! I went straight off into my Picasa Web Albums tab in my Firefox and as soon as I did, I realized I should link it for you. So...
http://picasaweb.google.com/Espinitombre/23839WalnutStTorrance#

Now I feel like going back to it to elaborate on the comments. Lol. I'm a rather funny chap, aren't I? Whew, this CPU restarted for some reason as I was writing this and I didn't lose a single word. Good for you, Blogger and your automated saving thingy. As I was saying, I'm going to go elaborate on the comments and add my two tomorrow. CYA!
FRI, 090327 @ 10:58PM

TUE, 090331 @ 8:24AM
Good morning Zach. Oh, no! I'm behind again. Gosh darn it. I'm a head, darn it. It's kinda weird. I get excited about posting anything because it gives me a chance to somehow talk to you, but every time I do, I can't help feeling hateful to that animal for keeping us apart. It's a Catch-22. What does that mean? HW! I'm going to hurry up and ketchup again so that I can do my .doc file for the 90th posting. I don't know about you, but I'm excited about it and looking forward to it. Hmm, if I were caught up, should I have already posted it? Yes, I think so. Well, at least that reason give me incentive to hurry up and ketchup. Let me go back to my IGIAs.
Diehard - IGIA9. This is most definitely an adult action film so you should wait many, many years, but because it's such an important series of movies, I had to include them. This was the movie that made Bruce Willis the movie star he is today. Oh, BTW, when I was 15 or so, I saw him at the Palos Verdes Mall filming an episode of Moonlighting with Cybil Shephard. There is a scene in a series where Bruce Willis props up Cybil Shephard onto an escalator in order to escape from bad guys. She did the stunt herself, but there was a big problem. She was wearing a dress at the time, so as she slid down, her dress rode up and exposed her panties! Oh no! She twisted her ankle too when she landed. Ouch. Ooops. Excuse the tangent. Going back to my IGIA. This movie was very different from the action flicks back then because the hero was not fully in control most of the time. In fact, he was brutally victimized throughout the film, so we feel for him with every twist and turn. The entire film was based on a robbery, but there are enough twists and turns that'll make you sit on edge and shriek and clap. I really enjoyed this film in many ways. You can't miss it. Oh yeah, there is a scene when the cop receives the call about troubles at the Nagatomi building. He's buying Twinkies at a gas station, but when he steps out, he looks over to the building. Notice the gas prices back then. Wow. I caught it the fourth or fifth time I saw this classic. Just some food for thought.
Diehard II - IGIA8. Whenever a movie is so well made, it is very difficult to follow up with an ever better sequel. I think Godfather II is the only sequal that betters the original. Diehard II keeps pace with the action sequences, but the depth is lacking. Sure, McClain is at a disadvantage in this film as well, but he's not 'stuck' and alone as he is in the first film. There are some great action sequences that will drop your jaw many times however. It's a good film so long as you don't compare.
Diehard with a Vengeance - IGIA9. Just when you think the best has passed, they come up with an even better one! This is as good, if not better than the first film. This time however, he teams up with Samuel L. Jackson and their chemistry is what makes this film so worthwhile. They're on a quest to try and disarm a bomb at some school in New York. That's where McClain's a cop, BTW. This one is nail biting from beginning to end with enough humor to keep you very entertained. Don't miss it.
Diehard IV - IGIA8. Again, the producers were faced with the problem of trying to somehow outdo the previous movies. By itself, this is a good movie, but in comparison to those movies that came before it, it strikes out. There was also a modern approach to this one. They tried taking in some of the more modern technologies that McClain didn't want to understand. It was so advanced I sometimes had a hard time believing or understanding all of it myself. The one scene that stands out is the horrific crash in the tunnel. I wowed several times afterwards. And the fighting with the Asian chick. Good shiznit. Anyways, consider the Diehard series one of the few sequels that you have to watch. Bye for now!
TUE, 900331 @ 8:36AM

No comments:

Post a Comment