Thursday, March 26, 2009

Zachary Chun and his two cousins.

FRI, 090327 @ 5:27AM
Hello again, son. I had this photo waiting in the wings for too long, so I'm posting it before I'm ready. I'll have finally caught up today and I promise to do a play by play of the Walnut slide show. Until then, ciao.
FRI, 090327 @ 5:29AM

FRI, 090327 @ 10:11PM
Hello again and again, Zach. I know I promised you a play by play of the front yard project on Walnut, but there was a difficulty that would affect us both. First, it would be very difficult for me to index and refer to the photo I want to comment on. On that same note, you would find it difficult to know what it was I was talking about. SO, I just decided to add a comment in my Picasa online album to squash this issue. I wanted to write something for every photo, so it's somewhat on the slim side ATM. I'll refer back to it and elaborate on those photos that could use additional comments. I'm treating this this thing with extreme priority because it was a huge undertaking that produced more than expected results. I was thinking my efforts would grant me a B+, but the end result was actually a full blown A++. I am very proud of my very first home project in which the home was mine. I have photos of other projects as well and I'll be sharing those with you later on. There are about 8 or so photo set links I could use, but I'm so into this movie review thing ATM that I think I'll continue on. Probably because I'm still playing ketchup. This is TH's posting, isn't it? Anyways.
Kung Fu Panda - IGIA7. Kung-fu is one of my favorite genres, top 5, and this movie incorporates that with computer animation that is top notch. CGI, I believe? HW! There was somewhat of an over-attempt at humor and it only worked on a few occasions. I think about the only reoccurring funny thing was the fat Panda that kept falling on his big behind. I am not one who takes this genre over the top. Meaning, I don't frown or curse whenever I see lightfoot in action or whenever two enemies are flying about. I believe all this to be true, or at least, I wish it so much to be true that I want to believe it. So, based on my personal opinions and beliefs, poking fun at the whole kung-fu genre doesn't sit well with me. The Chinese can fly, damn it! I guess personal beliefs and preferences really impacts one's rating of movies. For example, my most despised genre is horror. I hate being scared and watching gore on film. That being said, I wouldn't give any horror flick anything over a 6. Hmm. This is a rather interesting concept I've just really put my finger on. This is true across the board for everyone. A top notch American critic could never give any Korean movie the type of rating I would give because I understand it better. Hmm. Very interesting. A critics' opinions and preferences matter whenever a rating system is taken into consideration because there is a lot of bias towards the final score. HMMM. How very neat and interesting? Never really spelled it out like this before. I sort of came to this conclusion because of member reviews on Netflix, I think. There is a 'percentage similar to you' feature that rates raters according to my tastes. Sub-consciously, I think I placed more importance on those reviews from raters with similar taste. I'l try to keep this in mind and share with you my opinions on certain subjects and topics. Nice. Anyways, because I've babbled on so, I think we're OK with just this one review. Bye for now!
FRI, 090327 @ 10:41PM

No comments:

Post a Comment