Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm using your slideshow, Zachary Chun.

MON, 090406 @ 11:26PM
Hiya Zach. Rather than scrounging around for good photos to post, I decided to simply download your slide show and use those photos for the added images on postings. The ones there are good, so it'll be ok, OK? Anyways, the photo above is from Circus Circus in Las Vegas. I won that Spiderman for you and you were as happy as can be. I know I look happier than you and I probably was cuz I did something that made you happy. Just wanted to post this photo to start the slide show photo thing. I'll elaborate tomorrow. Have a nice day!
MON, 090406 @ 11:29PM

WED, 090408 @ 12:52AM
Oops. I just noticed now, after tomorrows posting (#89) that I was missing the actual body of the post for this day's post. Oops. Sorry. I'll need to fill in this post with something, and what better way than to add a rating or two.
Match Point - IGIA7. I was excited to see this film mainly because I'm such a tennis freak. It's my best sport and also the sport I like the best. After renting it, I found out that it was a Woody Allen film. It gets its title from the mere fact that the main character is an ex-tennis pro who no longer tours the circuit. That's about it in terms of its relevance to tennis. It's about a guy who gains favor to a wealthy British family and entangles him in whirlwind situations with all of the family members and the relationships that develops between everyone. It shows how the rich live in London and the many frailties that exist amongst them. They're people too. I can't be certain if the ending for this film is the ending that's got my brow raised high. I think it is. If it is, I would have to bump it up to an IGIA8 because it was so juicy and tense. It's one of those classic Allen tall tales that tells a story beautifully with clever and witty dialogue. You'll appreciate this filmmaker the more you watch his films because they are all similar in a way, but all so very different in content. I'm becoming a fan because he writes his films. Who cares how he chooses to live his personal life. Judging his work according to his personal lifestyle and choices is wrong and I refrain from it entirely. You should too.
Vicky Christina Barcelona - IGIA8. Scarlett Johanssen stars in this film as well. She's Woody Allen's 'protege', so to speak. They work well together and she does a fine job delivering his tales. I liked this film very much because it shows a side to Spain that only Woody can show. It also shows a side of the artistically challenged group of players that are constantly struggling for something they can't define. And of course, the questions that typically arise from relationships and its complications are emphasized to the extreme in this film. I am also a huge fan of Penelope Cruz not because she's so damn hot, but because she's the epitome of the wildly sexy Latina that all men desire. It wasn't the plot that receives kudos, but rather the characters because they are all so extremely convincing and believable. I really enjoyed this film because it was shot beautifully with direction and intent. Watch it and appreciate it.
I think that should make this posting acceptable, don't you think? Anyways, until next time...
WED, 090408 @ 1:16AM

No comments:

Post a Comment