Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I promise I wasn't tickling you Zachary Chun.

TH, 090326 @ 8:49AM
Hello Zach. I just wanted to make sure this image was added and published because it completes the set. You are so genuinely happy, as I was. I think this is my favorite set of photos with you. Yeah, I'm sure of it. I'll check back with you later to do my two. Bye!
TH, 090326 @ 8:51AM

FRI, 090327 @ 4:52AM
Good Morning to you, Zach. How was your week? I suppose I should start with some announcements. First, today is the day that I added the slide show for 23839 Walnut St in Torrance. I came across my 'homes' folder and there was this very special set. I'm so proud of it that I had to share it with you. It took over a year for me to complete and I couldn't have been happier with the result. It definitely deserves a play by play so I'll do one soon. Probably on tomorrows posting. The other thing I wanted to share was the fact that people all over the world are inadvertently coming across this blog. One guy did some weird search with the word 'Samoa' in it and you know how I love using it. There were about 10 international visitors of the past 100. Very interesting. It's telling me that the body of this blog matters in terms of search results. Maybe I should start using keywords like Ben-10 or Bakugan in my postings. That way, you'll run across me whenever you do any Google search. I doubt 'Zachary Ryan Chun' will be your very first Google. I should guess all of the different words you may search for and include them into the body of this blog in order to increase our chances of finally meeting. That's a pretty huge task, I must say. Bakugan. Ben-10. Spiderman. LOL. I could do this for days and days. Anyways, thought I'd throw that in. I believe I left off at Hero...
Indiscreet - IGIA8. This movie stars two of my favorite classic actors, Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman. It can be considered a period piece because it shows how things were back in the '50s. However, when it was made and released, it was very current, so it has become a period piece with time. This is a very important concept in movies. Only through movies, can we envision a time in history as best as we can. Reading history books can't relay such minor details such as mannerisms, speech, politeness, and so on. I have recently developed a huge favor towards 18th and 19th century England by viewing many of Jane Austen's novels made to movies. There was a distinct difference in class and the upper class was ridiculously lavished. There are dozens and dozens of films out there that shows how people dressed, how they talked, and how they related to one another in different places in different times. Going back to this review. Uh-hum, sorry. Ingrid Bergman is a famous movie star who is having a difficult time settling down with someone because of her fame and wealth. Cary Grant is a world-renowned diplomat that steals her heart. Because of her status, she's cautious and suspicious. The beauty of this film is its delivery of lost innocence. People were so innocent and classy then. Their mere dialogue presents a mysterious level of innocence unheard of these days. I loved this movie for doing just that. What was proper then and how people were treated and treating others is something totally different from how things are now. You'll enjoy this as much as I did because it is a classy classic.
Juno - IGIA7. Ironically, this movie is similar to Indiscreet but at the same time, completely different on many levels. Teenage pregnancy was unheard of back then, but in today's culture, it is something that is widely addressed and discussed. So much so that a movie about the subject was made. This film is about a teenager who decides to give up her baby to a wanting couple who has been having difficulties conceiving their own. It is a rather difficult subject matter even by today's standards, but they pull it off rather well. None of the cast members have ulterior motives and everyone is honest to the very end. It's a cute comedy that shows many of the follies and difficulties of adolescence and allows a teenager to tell the whole world that everything is 'OK'. Two very modern films that depicts the sign of the times. Funny. Until tomorrow, son. Bye! Oh yeah, kiss your sister for me today. I feel like a kiss. And hug yourself real hard for me and imagine with me that it's your old man spreading some love. Bye.
FRI, 090327 @ 5:24AM

No comments:

Post a Comment