Friday, March 20, 2009

Our FIRST time in a pool, Zachary Chun.

WED, 090325 @ 12:24AM
Hiya Zach. I know, you're probably embarrassed by this photo, but it was the very FIRST time that we got into a pool together. It was during that trip up to Modesto, at the Hotel. It was and still is, a very special day, so just deal with it. You're probably at that age now where everything embarrasses you, but you'll have to accept the fact that your old man isn't phased by much in life. Anyways, I'm on a posting run, so I'm DLing all of these maybe photos that I uploaded to Picasa so that I can finally ketchup. Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention to you that my lack of daily postings was deteriorating your Google search results for whatever reason. Oh, I was shocked. At best, you were 1-8 on page one, but yesterday, you were only 1-2! Can you believe that. Oops. Just remembered I wasn't going to talk about that with you on these postings. Anyways, it was something that bothered me tremendously so I had to share even though I promised I wouldn't. I get a pass today, OK? Going back to my posting run...
The Bucket List - IGIA7. (I should lay down some ground rules here. You're only a kid now, so many of these movies won't appeal to you in any way. Kid movies are only a small fraction of the hundreds of good movies out there, so I'm going to rate adult movies too. This blog's going to exist forever and ever, so use the post label to sort out those postings with movie review that you can refer back to as an adult. Uh, was I clear? I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'll be recommending all movies and I'll just have to trust that you'll refrain from watching them until you're more age appropriate. Anyways.) This is the kind of movie that adults watch and enjoy because it does what every man or woman wants to do before they 'kick the bucket'. It was plesant in that it touches on many of those factors that both men and women oftentimes contemplate before its too late. Although the premise of the movie is that of death, it does take you on a rollercoaster ride of thrills that we can only imagine or watch in movies. I enjoyed it because it takes you away from the finallity and doom of death and celebrates the wonders of life. Definitely watch this one as a, adult in your 30s to realize and relate to all of the adventures.
Curse of the Golden Flower - IGIA9. By far, this has to be my favorite Chinese flick of all time. Reason number one is that it stars my two favorite Chinese actors. Chow Yun Fat and Gong Li. They are the Emperor and Empress of China during some dynasty in this fantastically cimagraphed epic drama. It didn't matter to me that many of the shots and scenes were elaborately egagerated to overplay the sights and sounds of the time. I am a fan of reality, but this melodrama, I accepted and enjoyed. The plot in itself is to be highly praised because it shows the life of the royalist of families and the tragedies that befall them. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and this is one that you cannot miss.
WED, 090325 @ 12:52AM

No comments:

Post a Comment