Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Our FIRST Dodger game, Zachary Chun.

TH, 090409 @ 12:15AM
Hiya Zach. Aww, don't you look cute in that photo. Check out how you're holding the cap too. Too cute. I love it. Well, this is a big post. Number 9-0. I think that was the reason why I was on edge about finally writing something. I wanted to be able to update, upload, and link to your .doc file. Hmm, let me see. Oh yeah. In case I didn't mention in the past, I added a html feature from daily motion a while back. It's caught my interest so much, that I actually spend time watching all of my favorite Wonder Woman episodes. I don't remember the storyline because I don't think I spoke English back then. I just remember gazing into Lynda Carter's eyes and thinking how beautiful she is. All guys have some star that they gawk. You probably don't have one yet, but you will. Mine was Lynda Carter which is why I favorited her and her shows. Believe it or not, the show was very hip and modern at the time. I laugh at it now, but back then, they did stuff on that show that was groundbreaking. Every stunt or special effect held me on the edge of my seat and I remember hollering for more. Times have changed so much since then. I actually remember some of the 'modern' stuff, like a push button telephone. Even the rotary ones too. I laugh every time they use a CB for their calls from a car, but back then, it was high-tek. I watch these episodes a lot differently than I did as a kid. I didn't have a basis to compare from as I do now, so I didn't analyze like I'm doing today. It was just a wonderful show that entertained me greatly. Anyways, watch them if you have hours and hours, or better yet, days and days to kill. In terms of IGIAs, I'd have to give it a IGIA6 for all the episodes. Again, it is very, very dated and you won't be able to reminisce and reflect like I can. Anyways.
Cassandra's Dream - IGIA8. This is the movie I was in the middle of yesterday. Since it is a Woody Allen film and yesterday's ratings were both of his films, I thought I'd include it here. This was a tough 8 to give because it's not at the caliber that most 8's are in. Rather, I edged it higher because of the performances given. Mainly, it was Colin Ferrel's performance that I give it an 8 and not a 7. His role here is very different from the character's he usually plays. In fact, it's the exact opposite. His actions in this film cause so much grief and guilt, that he is being strangled from within. I thought he always performed well as the ruthless, cold-hearted killer, but his fragile performance in this film is even more noteworthy. Ewen McGreggor's performance is not as extreme, but somewhat shares the characteristics of Colin's role. The ending was pleasantly shocking as well. It ties in well and as always, questions human traits and explores into a world we can only imagine.
In Bruge - IGIA8. I'm rating this film because Colin Ferrel is the exact opposite from the character in the film above. So much so, that I liked him just as much in this film, if that's possible. Bruge (pronounced 'rouge') is in Belgium and prior to this film, I had never even heard of the city. It's a funny topic because one character is madly in love with the city while another hates it for being so historic and ancient. It shows many of the wealth of the city and I rather enjoyed all of the scenes. The plot isn't all that rich, but there are enough twists and turns to keep the viewer interested. There are many funny scenes as well. Another world, with quirky humor. The language is very strong, so you'll definitely have to wait many, many years to watch it, but when you do, I hope you enjoy it in the many ways that I enjoyed it.
Anyways, that completes my 90th posting so I'll be able to copy-paste to your .doc file. It takes about an hour, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to do my usual routine. Until next time, bye..
TH, 090409 @ 12:47AM

No comments:

Post a Comment